Snowflake is so much more than flour! Our bold spirit of innovation, imagination and inspiration is ingrained in everything we’ve brought to kitchens across South Africa for over 134 years.
Snowflake is a modern brand – but with good, old-fashioned family values when it comes to looking after the people who matter most. Today, there are five Snowflake mills across the nation, creating flour that’s milled to perfection. Snowflake remains South Africa’s partner in baking and cooking with a wide range of flour products, baking aids and premixes for any occasion: sweet or savoury.
Snowflake, too fresh to flop.
Below are the product segments that Snowflake competes in. For the purpose of this brief as per details below, the focus segments will be Snowflake easy mix and Creations ranges. The pre-mix segment is valued at approximately R453 million-rand turnover per annum within the South African market. Snowflake is currently the market leader within the pre-mix segment.
• Strong challenger brand in pre-mix to Snowflake.
• Market leader in flour.
• Competes within the pre-mix segment but has low share.
DOB (RETAILER OWNED BRANDS: WOOLWORTHS, PICK N PAY, SPAR AND SHOPRITE)
• Wide assortment in pre-mix, with extensions into healthier/ better for you segment (Woolworths ‘Free From’ and PnP ‘Low Carb’ range)
CHALLENGES FOR THE PRE-MIX SEGMENT:
• The purchase of pre-mixes is less routine than flour and are purchased more on a need basis for a specific/ unplanned occasion.
• It is a challenge for Snowflake to get consumers to purchase pre-mixes on a regular basis.
• Tight consumer wallets is resulting in switching between brands and categories.
• Value propositions (price or value deals) are becoming increasingly important as shoppers have a repertoire of stores and brands and will switch based on promotional pricing or mechanics.
BROAD TARGET AUDIENCE BREAKDOWN:
Primarily women, LSM 5-10, who may or may not be competent in the kitchen. Some are very involved in the process whereas other might not have the time or confidence, but all want to provide others with fresh and tasty eats because the recognition makes it all worthwhile.
BRIEF KEY OBJECTIVES:
Reignite excitement and drive more regular usage of Snowflake pre-mix ranges (easy-mix and Creations).
• Launch of a TTL (through-the-line) marketing campaign that will create excitement and drive more regular usage of the pre-mix ranges and thus increase average weight of purchase and sales.
What is the desired behavioural response?
• Change consumer behaviour by increasing usage of pre-mixes.
• Increase purchase, especially over the campaign period.
• Drive penetration by attracting new users into the pre-mix segment.
• Reinforce Snowflakes positioning: Snowflake helps you to deliver simply irresistible baked goods, treats and dishes every time that make you proud to share with your family.
• Snowflake pre-mix range is the brand of choice amongst the target audiences and its usage consideration is extended across many different occasions.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXECUTIONAL GUIDELINES
What exactly does the brand need in terms of the campaign?
• A strong through-the-line campaign that encompasses on and offline touchpoints that cut through the clutter and resonate with the target audience.
• A campaign that drives education, upweighted purchases and excitement for the Snowflake pre-mix range.
• Increased sales over the campaign period; therefore, there must be a sales mechanic to drive volume and purchase in retailers (in store and via e-commerce platforms).
• Campaign must also include competition element to get consumers involved in the campaign.
TONE OF VOICE
• Friendly, authentic, confident and lighthearted.
Answers on Questions Above on Snowflake Marketing Plan
Answer 1: Marketing plan is highly essential from the point of view of promoting the products and services of a company to the target customers. In the given case of snowflake, the marketing plan for the company with specific emphasis on the promotion of their premix ranges such as easy-mix and creations is performed as follows:
Content Removal Request
If you believe that the content above belongs to you, and you don’t want it to be published anymore, then request for its removal by filling the details below. It will only be removed if you can provide sufficient evidence of its ownership.