Question 1 (Marks: 60)
Q.1.1 Read the following article and write a formal essay in which you:
• Define the term ‘self’ as it relates to Psychology (5)
• Use the attached article to distinguish between The Self as “I” and The Self as “me” (10)
• Discuss the self as a multi-level system (10)
• In addition to the above article, use 2 additional credible academic sources (Excluding your prescribed textbook) to supplement your answer and reference your essay correctly. The essay should be between 800-1200 words. Pay attention to your academic writing standard. (5) (30)
Q.1.2 Self-Efficacy may be defined as the amount of effort we devote to an activity, our motivation to complete the task and our persistence in achieving a positive outcome in a task (Castle & Buckler, 2018). (30)
Consider the following scenario:
You are a Grade four teacher at a local school. Carl is a learner in your class. Carl is eager to participate in class when structured activities are presented during the lesson. During this week the learners are exploring their creative skills in the form of creative arts activities. The learners are required to draw, paint, or sketch a vase placed in the front of the classroom as part of their creative arts activity. On day 2 of presenting the activity to the class, you notice that Carl has become quite withdrawn and seems to lack his usual energetic, eager approach to activities. You proceed to enquire with Carl on the reason for his low participation in the activity. In the process, you notice that Carl has started his drawing over quite a few times already since yesterday. Carl responds as follows: “I’m just not any good at this type of activity. I don’t like art and I cannot draw as good as the others”. “Please let me complete a puzzle instead?”
Apply your knowledge on Self-Efficacy to the above scenario by answering the following:
• Aspects related to self-efficacy (5)
• Four factors that affect self-efficacy (10)
• The role of a teacher in enhancing the self-efficacy of students in the classroom context (10)
• Your essay should reflect the format of a formal essay with a clear introduction, body and conclusion. Ensure that you make use of at least 2 additional, credible academic sources in addition to your prescribed textbook and reference correctly throughout your essay. Your essay must reflect references for 2 additional sources. The essay should not exceed 1000 words. Pay attention to your academic writing standard. (5)
Question 2 (Marks: 40)
Choose ONLY ONE of the below learning difficulties/disorders to answer this question. In essay format (10), discuss its possible cause/origin, its possible presentation in the classroom, as well suggested ways of classroom management (30).
a. Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
b. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
You are required to source 2 additional credible texts, in addition to your prescribed textbook to answer this question effectively. Your essay should reflect the format of a formal essay with a clear introduction, body, and conclusion. Ensure that you make use of at least two additional. The essay should not exceed 1000 words. Pay attention to your academic writing standard. See the rubric for what marks will be awarded for.
Answers to Above Questions on Psychology
Answer 1: The concept of self is defined in psychology as the sense of identity, uniqueness and Awareness of an individual about their own existence compared to others. In simple terms, it is defined as the perception and thoughts held by an individual about himself. This concept of self is significant to an individual in influencing their own behaviour, interaction and overall psychological well being.
Get completed answers on the questions above on psychology as offered by the assignment writing service South Africa experts.
Content Removal Request
If you believe that the content above belongs to you, and you don’t want it to be published anymore, then request for its removal by filling the details below. It will only be removed if you can provide sufficient evidence of its ownership.