Now more than ever, the field of HRM needs to consider employee wellness as increasing numbers of employees suffer from burnout. Burnout has been associated with impaired job performance, employee turnover, high absenteeism and mental health struggles like anxiety and depression or physical symptoms like headaches, fatigue, and irritability. These symptoms can impact on relationships outside of the work environment such as marital difficulties etc.
In the workplace this can have a detrimental effect on employees’ willingness to provide quality services or products within the organisation.
You are the HR Manager of ABC Construction and are aware of the benefits of a holistic approach to employee work-life balance and employee wellbeing, as an effective management tool to be considered in your organisation. As such your task is to:
• present an argument on the benefits of implementing an employee wellness programme at ABC Construction.
• discuss social support and job satisfaction as two strategies that can prevent burnout from occurring.
• It is your responsibility to look up any words you are not familiar with, to ensure your understanding of the essay topic, and content of the academic source, provided below.
• Refer to the grading rubric on the next page for guidance when researching and writing your essay.
• You have been provided with one (1) academic source (see below), and one additional source. The compulsory source must be consulted and referenced when answering the research essay.
Answers to Above Questions on HRM
Answer 1: Employee Wellness programs are essential in every organisation because of significant benefits available from it. In the given case scenario of ABC construction, the company can achieve significant benefits from employee wellness programs such as improved employee wellbeing that helps in employee satisfaction and better commitment from them. It also leads to increased satisfaction among employees, and thereby promotes better employee engagement. A satisfied employee is likely to contribute in a positive way, and also focuses on better turnover and reduced absenteeism.
Content Removal Request
If you believe that the content above belongs to you, and you don’t want it to be published anymore, then request for its removal by filling the details below. It will only be removed if you can provide sufficient evidence of its ownership.